Family Service Specialist
Posted on: November 19, 2022
- Full-time, twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor
may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the
agency's contracts, or at agency discretion. SALARY: Range of Steps
1 - 4, $21.00/hr - $24.30/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A.A. Degree -in social work, psychology, sociology or related
- Ability to interface with the community to recruit children and
obtain services for families.
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and
automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and
oral English. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Recruit eligible families using a variety of techniques
- Enroll children according to Head Start regulations utilizing
- Maintain and utilize a referral list of local agencies that can
provide services to enrolled families
- Utilizing the ChildPlus data base accurately enter data, case
notes, and other pertinent information for the assigned
- Maintain the confidentiality of family records and
- Plan and conduct parent meetings and parent education
- Report family and program needs to the Family Service
- Work effectively with other team members
- Actively participate in in-service training
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers to
support the work of the family service team including
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation,
on a timely basis, according to agency policies and
- Assist Family Service Supervisor and Child and Family Service
Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY:
- Works under direction of the Family Services Supervisor.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides the option of any of the
following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance, Legal
Assistance Plan, 403(b) Retirement Savings (2% Agency contribution
and 3% Agency match), Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Account (FSA), Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accident Protection,
Critical Illness Protection, Pet Insurance + more!). Options for
Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off,
Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee
Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
Keywords: OFL, Altadena , Family Service Specialist, Other , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!