Patient Intake Representative
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Clinical Intake Coordinator is responsible for coordinating
admissions with the admissions department and the facility. They
also will support the patient and their support system through the
onsite assessment and admission process. The Clinical Intake
Coordinator is also responsible for supporting with groups, meals,
and milieu support, as assigned by the Program
- Works closely with the admissions department to schedule
admission times, schedule tours and assessments, and coordinate the
intake process with the program.
- Oversee the patient intake process, complete initial
assessments with the patient and support system, complete related
paperwork, and send all necessary information to the home
- Guide patients through the pre-admission medical standard
procedure, as needed.
- Based on the initial assessment, provide a preliminary
diagnosis and communicate this to the patients assigned therapist
and registered dietitian for each patient.
- Support the patient and support system during their first week
in the program to ensure a smooth transition and answer any
questions. Call individuals and support systems (if they have
releases of information) during the first week for a check-in.
- Call referring treatment team and outpatient treatment team
members (with releases of information) upon admission.
- Provide in person pre-admission assessments and recommend level
of care, based on the APA Guidelines and Discovery admissions
- Conduct program tours as needed to prospective patients and/or
- Facilitate groups and provide meal support, as needed or
assigned by the Program Director or Facility Coordinator.
- Support in managing the milieu and oversee patient activities
- Build rapport with patients through education on the admission
processes and need for treatment. Review patient rights and
expectations within the Welcome Packet with each admission.
- Serve as a positive role model to staff, patients, employees,
and guests through a positive, caring and professional
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establish and achieve realistic goals within the position.
- Maintain the confidential nature of Outpatient Programming and
- When needed, travel to other facilities to attend trainings or
- Support at local programs, as requested by leadership.
- This position may assist other facilitiesFor a virtual tour of
the facility, please visit our website at
- Masters degree or higher
- Enter Applicable Licenseor license eligible in related
- 3 years experience working in mental health, counseling, or
eating disorders field preferred
- Must possess a current Drivers License in good standing.
- Ability to manage crises and utilize crisis interventions.
- Able to present and manage cases in a knowledgeable and
professional manner to obtain a length of stay that allows enough
time for patients to make sufficient gains so that sustained
post-discharge progress can occur.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Hospital Admissions Coordinator, Location: Altadena, CA -
91001 , PL: 538540030Required
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Altadena , Patient Intake Representative, Other , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!