Amplify Summer 2020 - UX/UI Design Intern
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Amplify is an intensive summer innovation program that lets you put
your skills to the test while building a product that could disrupt
our company and beyond. As an Amplifier, you'll work in a team of
four and get assigned a bold business challenge, developing a
solution and pitching it continuously throughout the summer.We are
looking to build a team comprised from the following roles:
Business Analyst, Data Scientist, Developer, and UI/UX Designer
(graduating post-secondary studies between August 2020 and June
2021)What is the opportunity?
- You will collaborate, innovate, innovate and build in a
flexible, start-up environment.
- You will tackle real City National business challenges as a
member of a cross-functional team of specialists (think: business,
predictive analytics, big data, and programming) by developing a
product or solution that you pitch to stakeholders at the end of
- Over the course of the program you will have access to subject
matter experts, coaches, mentors, as well as technical and
professional training to bring your idea to life.What will you do?
- Immerse yourself in a business challenge with an intense focus
on collaboration to develop an innovative product/solution.
- You will be challenged to step outside your comfort zone, and
bring your teamwork, communication and collaboration skills to help
your team succeed.
- You will be expected to design, create and deliver a fully
functional prototype that solves a real business need for City
- You will play an integral role in engaging your critical
thinking, time management and leadership skills within your
- Design, troubleshoot and develop your product/solution.
- Work with subject matter experts, mentors, executive sponsors
(technology and business) to build your product.
- Exposure to design thinking, agile development and other tools,
technologies and methodologies.
- Executive presentations, developing strategy and communications
for your project.The UI/UX Designer should have:
- Web application development skills spanning UI development,
server-side service development, scripting, databases etc.
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototype design tools such as
Omnigraffle, InVision, Indigo Studio, Axure and Balsamiq
- Highly proficient in all leading design software, including
Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, After
- Experience with graphic and web design - CSS, HTML, Angular and
related web standards
- Experienced with user research, mind-mapping, wire-framing, and
creating personasALL Roles should have:
- *Graduating post-secondary studies between August 2020 and June
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication
skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable
of working in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to challenge the status quo, think outside the box to
develop solutions, and make decisions under uncertainty
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration and problem solving
- Confidence to present complex data effectively to executive
decision-makers (i.e.: business presentations)Nice to have, but not
- Hackathon experience
- Expressed interest or previous experience in the financial
industry or FinTech
- Practical experience in web or mobile app development
- Experience in agile or design thinking methodologies or
framework*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be
considered for this position you must at least meet the basic
qualifications.City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with
Disabilities/VeteransNote: This preceding job description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.Note: Candidates should be advised that City
National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or
relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously
agreed.#LI-AD1 Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: City National Bank, Altadena , Amplify Summer 2020 - UX/UI Design Intern, Other , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!