Home Health RN - LAMC - Hospice PD
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Upcoming Kaiser Permanente Meet & Greet Virtual Event:
SCAL Home Care RN Careers
Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 10am to 2pm
Register on the KP Careers website under the Events page,
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional
nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision,
Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible
to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and
effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats
co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the
following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and
escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads and directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command
and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds
him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures,
and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care
that reflects assessment, planning,implementing, and evaluating the
outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation,
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database,
on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs,
and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant
others, and completed in a timely manner.
- In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family
education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications
and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus
prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies
and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding
patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as
at the time of discharge.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and
evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan
including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge
- Charting is accurate, legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process and interventions and
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently for
optimal patient care.
- Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with
physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and
ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of
data, assessments, and evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement
activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, and
- Workplace Safety:
- Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles and
- Applies standard precautions; maintains a safe environment for
self and others.
- Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service
Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customer's
ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect,
kindness and compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively
listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking
responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can understand and
- Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members'
- Team Commitment:
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is
flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees,
registry, students, and other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings
as required, actively participates in other departmental
professional development (Requirement may vary for per diem
- Participates with the assessment of current and future unit
learning needs and development of an
- annual education plan.
- Keeps self-informed of activities on the unit and makes
recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present and available
for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
environment through unit based teams.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs
simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum
- 1-year recent (within past three 3 years) full-time equivalent
experience in a licensed Home Health, Palliative Care and/or
Hospice agency as an RN/PHN. Current California Driver's License
and a clear driving record for the past two years. Proof of
automobile insurance as required by law.
- Current CA RN license and BLS certification.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Altadena , Home Health RN - LAMC - Hospice PD, Healthcare , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...