Research Associate II - Endocrinology (Pituitary Laboratory)
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Are you a hardworking and dedicated research professional
interested in being a part of breakthrough Research?When you join
Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of
medical advancements and life-saving medical and scientific
breakthroughs. Cedars-Sinai is one of the leading institutes for
driven research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As
an international leader in biomedical research, we translate
discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.Anat
Ben-Shlomo, MD and Assistant Professor of Medicine is searching for
a Research Associate II to join the team!The research of Dr.
Ben-Shlomo focuses on clinical and translational research in
pituitary and adrenal gland disorders. She has an emphasis on
pituitary tumor genomics and therapies and somatostatin biology.The
Ben-Shlomo Lab seeks a research talent with an interest in
performing routine and increasingly sophisticated laboratory tasks
and procedures. The RA II will develop technical knowledge in one
or more areas relevant to research projects and will participate in
research activities involving all aspects of the research process,
to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical,
testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate
will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and
procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research
projects. The incumbent will observe and follow safety standards
and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication
and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general
laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory
responsibilities.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results
and helps in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate
use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required
by the area of research.
- Orients Research Laboratory Assistants or lower-level Research
Associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab
operations and routine procedures.
- Responsible for performing technical, specialized and aseptic
procedures in support of the transgenic rodent research models of
- Performs husbandry and housing care to research rodents. -
- Bachelor's degree in a Science related field is
- One (1) year of research laboratory experience is
- Experience with animal and husbandry and working with
transgenic mice preferred
- Proficient with routine laboratory procedures, experimental
protocols, and overall lab organization.
- Ability to work independently and to simultaneously handle
multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, communication and
organization skills to work across company disciplines and
functional units, and computer application experience.
- Must possess digital literacy in Excel and Word.Physical
Demands:Able to perform moderate lifting. -Able to sit, stand and
walk for prolonged periods of time. -Able to read papers and online
documents. -Able to operate standard office equipment. -Able to
exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily
perform essential job functions. -
Working Title:Research Associate II - Endocrinology (Pituitary
Department:Home Dept - Melmed Lab
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Specialty:Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Altadena , Research Associate II - Endocrinology (Pituitary Laboratory), Healthcare , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!