NPD Practitioner (Psychiatric Nurse Educator) - 3S Observation/Short Stay - Full Time
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Are you ready to be a leader? Do you inspire?Are you ready to be
a leader? Do you encourage?A true leader strives to inspire-and at
Cedars-Sinai, that's exactly what our Behavioral Nurse Educators
do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management
abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an
indispensable role in the success of our organization. They are
also part of the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided
at Cedars-Sinai. Our people bring an unmatched passion to their
craft and it shows in everything they accomplish, including
achieving Magnet - designation for an outstanding five times! Now
we invite you to join us. From working with a team of dedicated
healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities,
you'll have everything you need to do something incredible-for
yourself, and for others.As a Behavioral Nurse you will take a
leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation
and evaluation of education programs and projects for patients,
personnel and community with an emphasis adult medical patient
- You will work on a peer level with the Clinical Nurse
Specialists, NPD Practitioners, and Associate Directors.
- You will provide mentorship, direction and assistance to the
health care team in maintaining and providing optimum quality of
nursing care for patients
- You will assume the role of leader, clinician, researcher,
educator, patient care advocate, consultant, inter and
interdepartmental liaison, and resource professional.
- You will maintain competency skills including the ability to
deliver care to special patient populations and patients with
diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You will identify safety concerns and institute measures to
provide a safe environment and, provide appropriate assessment,
intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of
developmental achievements in these patient populations.
- You will support Dr. Strong efforts and staff debriefing.
- You will educate staff on behavioral de-escalation and
- You will educate staff on behavioral health diagnosis and
possible interventions for each diagnosis.
- You will support staff during crisis that could cause emotional
- You will maintain behavioral contracts, provide limit setting,
behavior modification plans and aggressive behavior education for
- You will provide restraint education,
- You will evaluate and support sitters for behavioral
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree required.
- Master's degree in Nursing or related field
- Valid California Registered Nurse license.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support certification required.
- National Specialty certification required.
- Psychiatric and/or Mental Health certification highly
- Minimum 3 years of recent acute psychiatric inpatient
- Expert psychopharmacology knowledge required.
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned
Working Title:NPD Practitioner (Psychiatric Nurse Educator) - 3S
Observation/Short Stay - Full Time
Department:Med Surg 3-S Short Stay
Job Specialty:Nurse Education
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Altadena , NPD Practitioner (Psychiatric Nurse Educator) - 3S Observation/Short Stay - Full Time, Healthcare , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!