Substitute Associate Teacher
Company: Options for Learning
Posted on: October 26, 2019
- Full-time, nine and three-quarter month approximate work
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor
may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the
agency's contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 - 4, $15.72/hr - $17.86/hr. Initial salary
placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- Twelve semester units acceptable to licensing in Child
Development with passing grade of "C" or better.
- One year experience working with children.
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, CDA credential, AA
or BA degree in early childhood education. **
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and
automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
While in the classroom:
- Substitute as needed and directed by the Child Development
- Adjust to the schedule and needs of the site where
- Be flexible in daily assignments and be ready to change site
assignments if necessary.*
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High/Cope
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the
interest and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an
emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with
children, parents, and staff.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and
- Encourage language development and respect for language
diversity in the classroom and community.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a
quality preschool program.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Cooperate with the Teacher in planning, supervision, and
implementation of the overall program.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent
meetings and activities.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a
daily basis according to Options center based cleaning
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of
children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation,
on a timely basis, according to agency policies and
- Assist the Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
While in the office:
- Answer phones and accurately take messages while working in the
- Give program information to inquiring families.*
- Light typing as needed.*
- Accurately file paperwork while working in the office.*
- Interact with office and teaching staff in a positive
- Other duties as assigned.
- Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Head Start Teacher and Child
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits
which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal
Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings,
or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid
holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage,
Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no
additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Keywords: Options for Learning, Altadena , Substitute Associate Teacher, Education / Teaching , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!