Company: Stratford School
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Spanish Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a
plan of instruction appropriate for grades Kindergarten - 8th grade
with an emphasis on reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar, and
speaking.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Spanish curriculum in
accordance with Carden policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Spanish teachers to plan and
implement the Spanish curriculum for students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth
knowledge of Spanish culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Spanish curriculum
at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parents
regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than
negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including
morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making
effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant
reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and
neat.Skills/Knowledge/Education:Prior to being hired, a teacher
shall have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited or approved
college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from
the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a
current and valid teaching credential issued by the California
Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Must be fluent in both Spanish and English language.Prior work
experience in a classroom setting teaching Spanish strongly
Keywords: Stratford School, Altadena , Spanish Teacher, Education / Teaching , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!