Company: FIVE ACRES - THE BOYS' AND GIRLS' AID SOCIETY OF L
Posted on: March 15, 2020
- Receiving visitors and clients, determining nature of their
visit and notifying appropriate staff.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls.
- Providing general office and clerical support to a
- Representing Five Acres to callers, clients and visitors in a
friendly, professional manner.
- Provides reception services, greets visitors, ascertains nature
of business, signs-in visitors and directs visitors to appropriate
person, issues visitors pass when required.
- Operates telephone console to receive incoming calls; provides
information to caller or routes caller to appropriate staff. Places
outgoing phone calls as needed.
- Records accurate phone messages including name, time of call,
nature of business and person called upon.
- Checks Agency/program voice mail throughout the day and answers
or directs messages to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures adequate coverage of the receptionist desk throughout
the business day.
- Maintains general reception area and personal work area to
ensure clean and professional business appearance.
- Performs clerical duties which include routine typing, filing,
copying, faxing, completing and submitting Agency forms, data entry
and distributing Agency communications.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail
including internal office mail, external mail, overnight services,
delivery services and registered mail. Assures adequate funding on
postage meter at all times.
- Creates, maintains and updates program or department
- Assists in the maintenance of office equipment including
computers, telephone systems, copiers, fax machines and other types
of office equipment; calls for service when necessary.
- Gathers and organizes data and prepares documents and reports
for review as directed.
- Assists in the ordering and distribution of office
- Assists in assuring all safety and health standards are
followed and responds to safety issues within the facility in a
timely manner; ensures security by locking/unlocking cabinets
and/or doors in accordance with instructions.
- Develops and maintains administrative and clerical skills
through seminars, workshops or other forms of
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding children, families, and
operations of the agency.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and
general office practices and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to provide
prompt, friendly courteous service to callers, visitors, clients
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal communication skills - bi-lingual skills in
- Effective work organization skills and ability to work with
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment
- Ability to solve problems and make routine recommendations
- Ability to maintain First Aid/CPR Certification
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings, nights and
weekends, if needed.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among the
clients, families and staff.ID: 2019-1153 External Company Name:
FIVE ACRES - THE BOYS' AND GIRLS' AID SOCIETY OF LOS ANGELES COUNTY
External Company URL: http://5acres.org/ Street: 760 W. Mountain
Keywords: FIVE ACRES - THE BOYS' AND GIRLS' AID SOCIETY OF L, Altadena , On-Call Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Altadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!